Tips for Networking

Your Search for Local in Indiana Starts Here Forums Tips for Networking 5 Networking Tips from How to Talk to Strangers by Tammy L. Turner

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Carly Henry
      Participant

I recently read How to Talk to Strangers: A Step-by-Step Guide to Professional Networking by Tammy L. Turner (library). It is a short and fantastic read, filled with lots of tips for new and seasoned professional networkers. Here I’ve edited down my top 5 picks, and I highly suggest you pick up this book and read it.

5 Networking Tips from How to Talk to Strangers: A Step-by-Step Guide to Professional Networking

1. Start with common ground. Are you at the same event? Then you already have common ground. And, once you get talking, you’ll find you probably have even more in common.
      2. Follow-Up. This is important so you can start building a relationship. And, if you committed to sending them more information, make sure that you do.
      3. Be outgoing. It is important to make a good first impression and your body language can play a big role here. Turner has many more tips about how to learn to do this, if it doesn’t come naturally to you.
      4. Be a resource. Help connect people with solutions and consider more than What’s In It For Me.
      5. Don’t be afraid. Everyone was a novice networker once, and the only way to get better is network, network, network.

Do you plan on reading How to Talk to Strangers: A Step-by-Step Guide to Professional Networking by Tammy L. Turner (library)? Please comment below and let me know!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share This